Tuesday, June 12, 2012


 There are only four days until Denmark!  Today, a very good friend gave me a gift of a handmade travel journal.  It is a stitch bound cover of a map of Northern Europe and Scandinavia.  Isn't that perfect?!  She made it herself!  I do so prefer real paper (no offense, Blog).

I got a call from the bank that my Kronner had arrived.  Thinking this would be an adventure for my two young d's, I waited until I had picked them up and we went to the bank together.  I had pictured two eager faces watching as the teller handed me the exotic foreign currency.  Ah, best laid plans...Instead, as I approached the teller they instantly scattered to explore the pen curiously attached to the counter with a stretchy cord and the equallly interesting line partition that could also be stretched and released.  I managed to grab my envelope and make it to the car before anything got broken.  It is my own fault for avoiding taking them to public places. 

1 comment:

  1. All a matter of perspective . . . adventure is in the discovery - what is "ordinary" for one is "novel" to another. You gave your ds adventure. Just not the adventure you expected. The kronner are novel to you, but ordinary to anyone living in Demark. Everything about the bank (including the pens) is novel to the little ds, but ordinary to you. I look forward to hearing about all the "ordinary" Danish sites that will seem "novel" to all of us here in the USA.

    ReplyDelete